Related Occupations for Task
29-2036.00 - Medical Dosimetrists
Related occupations for task:
Plan the use of beam modifying devices, such as compensators, shields, and wedge filters to ensure safe and effective delivery of radiation treatment.
- Set up, program, or record montages or electrical combinations when testing peripheral nerve, spinal cord, subcortical, or cortical responses.
- Adjust equipment to optimize viewing of the nervous system.
- Prepare patients for surgery, including positioning patients on the operating table and covering them with sterile surgical drapes to prevent exposure.
- Operate, assemble, adjust, or monitor sterilizers, lights, suction machines, or diagnostic equipment to ensure proper operation.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required.
- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
- Follow principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others.
- Enter data into computer and set controls to operate or adjust equipment or regulate dosage.
||Radiologic Technologists and Technicians
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
See all 13 related occupations >>