Related occupations for task:
Plan, direct, and supervise prescribed burn projects.
||Transportation Security Screeners
- Notify supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
- Inform other screeners when baggage should not be opened because it might contain explosives.
- Contact leads or supervisors to discuss objects of concern that are not on prohibited object lists.
- View images of checked bags and cargo, using remote screening equipment, and alert baggage screeners or handlers to any possible problems.
||Detectives and Criminal Investigators
- Provide information to lab personnel concerning the source of an item of evidence and tests to be performed.
- Summon medical help for injured individuals and alert medical personnel to take statements from them.
- Notify command of situation and request assistance.
- Notify, or request notification of, medical examiner or district attorney representative.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Direct crews working on firelines during forest fires.
- Direct maintenance and repair of firefighting equipment, or requisition new equipment.
- Administer regulations regarding sanitation, fire prevention, violation corrections, and related forest regulations.
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures, such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Make arrangements for illegally parked or abandoned vehicles to be towed, and direct tow-truck drivers to the correct vehicles.
||First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, or disciplinary measures.
See more related occupations >>