||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, or reports, such as presentations or expense, statistical, or monthly reports.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
||Legal Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Prepare, proofread, or process legal documents, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, or pretrial agreements.
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Draft and type office memos.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
||Office Clerks, General
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Complete work schedules, manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
- Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.