Related occupations for task:
Perform administrative tasks, such as answering telephone calls, filing court documents, or maintaining office supplies or equipment.
- Listen to customer requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Fix minor problems, such as equipment jams, and notify repair personnel of major equipment problems.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as answering telephones, scheduling appointments, and ordering supplies or equipment.
||Library Assistants, Clerical
- Perform clerical activities, such as answering phones, sorting mail, filing, typing, word processing, and photocopying and mailing out material.
- Maintain library equipment, such as photocopiers, scanners, and computers, and instruct patrons in proper use of such equipment.
||Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Clean machines, perform minor repairs, and report major repair needs.
- Clean and file master copies or plates.
||Public Safety Telecommunicators
- Receive incoming telephone or alarm system calls regarding emergency and non-emergency police and fire service, emergency ambulance service, information, and after-hours calls for departments within a city.
- Answer routine inquiries, and refer calls not requiring dispatches to appropriate departments and agencies.
See more related occupations >>