||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Repair, replace, or adjust defective fuel injectors, carburetor parts, and gasoline filters.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine cooling, and electrical systems.
- Overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Repair or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Repair or rebuild transmissions.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Repair or replace musical instrument parts and components, such as strings, bridges, felts, and keys, using hand and power tools.
- Repair cracks in wood or metal instruments, using pinning wire, lathes, fillers, clamps, or soldering irons.
- Shape old parts and replacement parts to improve tone or intonation, using hand tools, lathes, or soldering irons.
- Repair breaks in percussion instruments, such as drums and cymbals, using drill presses, power saws, glue, clamps, grinding wheels, or other hand tools.
- Replace xylophone bars and wheels.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers.
- Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, or generators.
- Remove cylinder heads and grind valves to scrape off carbon and replace defective valves, pistons, cylinders, or rings, using hand and power tools.
||Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Disassemble and repair mechanical control devices or valves, such as regulators, thermostats, or hydrants, using power tools, hand tools, and cutting torches.
- Replace defective parts, such as bellows, range springs, and toggle switches, and reassemble units according to blueprints, using cam presses and hand tools.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.