||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Select, position, align, and bolt jigs, holding fixtures, guides, or stops onto machines, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in welding processes.
- Select torch tips, alloys, flux, coil, tubing, or wire, according to metal types or thicknesses, data charts, or records.
- Start, monitor, and adjust robotic welding production lines.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Determine setup procedures and select machine dies and parts, according to specifications.
- Select nozzles, spacers, and wire guides, according to diameters and lengths of rods.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures.
- Attach workpieces to grinding machines and form specified sections and repair cracks, using welding or brazing equipment.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Weld, repair, and fabricate equipment or machinery.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.