Related occupations for task:
Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Inform customers about foreign currency regulations and compute transaction fees for currency exchanges.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services, or admission, and tabulate bills, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, or new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Review documents, such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records, to compute fees or charges due.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Estimate market value of products or services.
||Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Plan routes, itineraries, and accommodation details, and compute fares and fees, using schedules, rate books, and computers.
- Prepare customer invoices and accept payment.
See more related occupations >>