||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Guide and direct flames or electrodes on or across workpieces to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal.
- Install and adjust brakes and brake pads.
- Install, repair, and replace equipment or accessories, such as handlebars, stands, lights, and seats.
- Install new tires and tubes.
- Install and adjust speed and gear mechanisms.
- Weld broken or cracked frames together, using oxyacetylene torches and welding rods.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Polish instruments, using rags and polishing compounds, buffing wheels, or burnishing tools.
- Remove irregularities from tuning pins, strings, and hammers of pianos, using wood blocks or filing tools.
- Solder or weld frames of mallet instruments and metal drum parts.
- File metal reeds until their pitches correspond with standard tuning bar pitches.
||Tire Repairers and Changers
- Remount wheels onto vehicles.
- Rotate tires to different positions on vehicles, using hand tools.
- Buff defective areas of inner tubes, using scrapers.
- Prepare rims and wheel drums for reassembly by scraping, grinding, or sandblasting.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in welding processes.
- Start, monitor, and adjust robotic welding production lines.