Related occupations for task:
Replace damaged glass on vehicles.
||Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Prime all scratches on pinchwelds with primer and allow to dry.
- Remove all dirt, foreign matter, and loose glass from damaged areas, apply primer along windshield or window edges, and allow primer to dry.
- Allow all glass parts installed with urethane ample time to cure, taking temperature and humidity into account.
- Apply a bead of urethane around the perimeter of each pinchweld and dress the remaining urethane on the pinchwelds so that it is of uniform level and thickness.
- Install replacement glass in vehicles.
- Remove broken or damaged glass windshields or window glass from motor vehicles, using hand tools to remove screws from frames holding glass.
- Install, repair, or replace safety glass and related materials, such as back glass heating elements, on vehicles or equipment.
- Install rubber channeling strips around edges of glass or frames to weatherproof windows or to prevent rattling.
||Rail Car Repairers
- Repair window sash frames, attach weather stripping and channels to frames, and replace window glass, using hand tools.