||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
- Press buttons, pull levers, or depress pedals to start and operate cutting and slicing machines.
- Start machines to verify setups, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Adjust machine controls to alter position, alignment, speed, or pressure.
- Sharpen cutting blades, knives, or saws, using files, bench grinders, or honing stones.
- Tighten pulleys or add abrasives to maintain cutting speeds.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Grind out burrs or sharp edges, using portable grinders, speed lathes, or polishing jacks.
- Sharpen dulled blades, using bench grinders, abrasive wheels, or lathes.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Move machine controls to index workpieces, and to adjust machines for pre-selected operational settings.
- Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone, debar, shear, or cut workpieces, according to specifications.
- Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal or plastic workpieces.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to product specifications, using knowledge of machine operation.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Lower table-mounted cutters such as knife blades, cutting wheels, or saws to cut items to specified sizes.
- Clean, treat, buff, or polish finished items, using grinders, brushes, chisels, and cleaning solutions and polishing materials.
- Route items to provide cutouts for parts, using portable routers, grinders, and hand tools.