Related Occupations for Task
51-4041.00 - Machinists
Related occupations for task:
Dismantle machines or equipment, using hand tools or power tools to examine parts for defects and replace defective parts where needed.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
||Automotive Master Mechanics
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Disassemble and repair mechanical control devices or valves, such as regulators, thermostats, or hydrants, using power tools, hand tools, and cutting torches.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Replace, true, and sharpen blades, drills, and plates.
- Dismantle lapping, boring, cutting, polishing, and shaping equipment and machinery to clean and lubricate it.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove housings, feed tubes, tool holders, or other accessories to replace worn or broken parts, such as springs or bushings.
- Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
See more related occupations >>