Related occupations for task:
Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Monitor sawing machines, adjusting speed and tension and clearing jams to ensure proper operation.
- Clear machine jams, using hand tools.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and report or resolve problems.
- Remove jammed materials from machines and readjust components as necessary to resume normal operations.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
- Extract or lift jammed pieces from machines, using fingers, wire hooks, or lift bars.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Dislodge and clear jammed materials or other items from machinery and equipment, using hand tools.
- Notify supervisors of needed repairs.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe flow of materials and listen for machine malfunctions, such as jamming or spillage, and notify supervisors if corrective actions fail.
- Clear or dislodge blockages in bins, screens, or other equipment, using poles, brushes, or mallets.
See more related occupations >>