||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Grade, classify, or sort products according to sizes, weights, colors, or other specifications.
- Weigh materials, products, containers, or samples to verify packaging weights or ingredient quantities.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments, such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine completed objects to determine thicknesses of metal deposits, or measure thicknesses by using instruments such as micrometers.
- Monitor and measure thicknesses of electroplating on component parts to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Separate materials or products according to size, weight, type, condition, color, or shade.
- Count or weigh and bundle items.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect or measure finished workpieces to determine conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as gauges or micrometers.
- Measure workpieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.