Related occupations for task:
Study legal records to establish boundaries of local, national, and international properties.
- Identify and compile database information to create requested maps.
- Analyze aerial photographs to detect and interpret significant military, industrial, resource, or topographical data.
- Research and combine existing property information to describe property boundaries in relation to adjacent properties, taking into account parcel splits, combinations, or land boundary adjustments.
- Research resources such as survey maps or legal descriptions to verify property lines or to obtain information needed for mapping.
- Lay out and match aerial photographs in sequences in which they were taken and identify any areas missing from photographs.
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys, using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
- Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction, using engineering plans.
- Request additional survey data when field collection errors occur or engineering surveying specifications are not maintained.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.