Related Occupations for Task
17-2171.00 - Petroleum Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Monitor production rates, and plan rework processes to improve production.
- Develop methodologies for transferring procedures or biological processes from laboratories to commercial-scale manufacturing production.
- Devise scalable recovery, purification, or fermentation processes for producing proteins or other biological substances for human or animal therapeutic use, food production or processing, biofuels, or effluent treatment.
- Develop recovery processes to separate or purify products from fermentation broths or slurries.
- Develop processes or products, such as natural recovery monitoring, in situ capping or treatment, or sediment removal, to treat contamination of subaqueous sediment.
- Develop alternative processes to produce crude oil, such as extraction from diatoms or thermochemical conversion of manure or other wastes.
- Design processes to manufacture synthetic molecules for applications such as pharmaceuticals or pesticides.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Monitor mine production rates to assess operational effectiveness.
- Design, implement, and monitor the development of mines, facilities, systems, or equipment.
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
||Manufacturing Engineering Technologists
- Monitor manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, or improve quality.
- Develop or maintain programs associated with automated production equipment.
- Develop production, inventory, or quality assurance programs.
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents, using controlled chemical processes.
- Perform tests and monitor performance of processes throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Develop or implement engineering solutions to clean up industrial accidents or other contaminated sites.
See more related occupations >>