Related Occupations for Task
27-3042.00 - Technical Writers
Related occupations for task:
Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
- Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher.
- Read material to determine index items and arrange them alphabetically or topically, indicating page or chapter location.
||Interpreters and Translators
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for legal or medical material.
- Compile information on content and context of information to be translated and on intended audience.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
||Poets, Lyricists and Creative Writers
- Revise written material to meet personal standards and to satisfy needs of clients, publishers, directors, or producers.
- Adapt text to accommodate musical requirements of composers and singers.
||Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
- Write and edit news stories from information collected by reporters and other sources.
- Compose and edit scripts or provide screenwriters with story outlines from which scripts can be written.
See all 13 related occupations >>