Related occupations for task:
Compose and frame each shot, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses, film, filters, and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
||Producers and Directors
- Plan details such as framing, composition, camera movement, sound, and actor movement for each shot or scene.
- Establish pace of programs and sequences of scenes according to time requirements and cast and set accessibility.
- Choose settings and locations for films and determine how scenes will be shot in these settings.
- Determine desired images and picture composition, selecting and adjusting subjects, equipment, and lighting to achieve desired effects.
- Estimate or measure light levels, distances, and numbers of exposures needed, using measuring devices and formulas.
||Media Technical Directors/Managers
- Observe pictures through monitors and direct camera and video staff concerning shading and composition.
- Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video, and sound.
||Film and Video Editors
- Estimate how long audiences watching comedies will laugh at each gag line or situation to space scenes appropriately.
See all 9 related occupations >>