Related occupations for task:
Set up and operate computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product.
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Play and record broadcast programs using automation systems.
- Set up, operate, and maintain broadcast station computers and networks.
- Select sources from which programming will be received or through which programming will be transmitted.
- Install broadcast equipment, troubleshoot equipment problems, and perform maintenance or minor repairs, using hand tools.
- Substitute programs in cases where signals fail.
- Edit broadcast material electronically, using computers.
- Align antennae with receiving dishes to obtain the clearest signal for transmission of broadcasts from field locations.
- Make commercial dubs.
- Set up and operate portable field transmission equipment outside the studio.
- Communicate with receiving operators to exchange transmission instructions.
- Operate radio equipment to communicate with ships, aircraft, mining crews, offshore oil rigs, logging camps and other remote operations.
- Send, receive, and interpret coded messages.
- Coordinate radio-related aspects of locating and contacting airplanes and ships that are missing or in distress.
- Examine and operate new equipment prior to installation to ensure that it performs properly.
- Set up antennas and mobile communication units during military field exercises.
||Audio and Video Equipment Technicians
- Install, adjust, and operate electronic equipment to record, edit, and transmit radio and television programs, motion pictures, video conferencing, or multimedia presentations.
- Record and edit audio material, such as movie soundtracks, using audio recording and editing equipment.
- Edit videotapes by erasing and removing portions of programs and adding video or sound as required.
- Prepare copy and edit tape so that material is ready for broadcasting.
- Operate and maintain on-air and production audio equipment.
- Direct setup of remote facilities and install or cancel programs at remote stations.
||Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture
- Set up and perform live shots for broadcast.
- Edit video for broadcast productions, including non-linear editing.
- Set up and operate electric news gathering (ENG) microwave vehicles to gather and edit raw footage on location to send to television affiliates for broadcast.
See all 10 related occupations >>