Related occupations for task:
Perform pulmonary function and adjust equipment to obtain optimum results in therapy.
||Respiratory Therapy Technicians
- Set equipment controls to regulate the flow of oxygen, gases, mists, or aerosols.
- Prepare or test devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, aerosol generators, or electrocardiogram (EKG) machines.
- Perform diagnostic procedures to assess the severity of respiratory dysfunction in patients.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Conduct electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, stress testing, or other cardiovascular tests to record patients' cardiac activity, using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices, or laboratory instruments.
- Adjust equipment and controls according to physicians' orders or established protocol.
- Conduct tests of pulmonary system, using spirometer or other respiratory testing equipment.
- Set up, program, or record montages or electrical combinations when testing peripheral nerve, spinal cord, subcortical, or cortical responses.
- Adjust equipment to optimize viewing of the nervous system.
- Conduct stress tests, using electrocardiograph (EKG) machines.
- Measure oxygen consumption or lung functioning, using spirometers.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required.
- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
See all 15 related occupations >>