Related occupations for task:
Use a variety of testing techniques to assist doctors in cardiac or pulmonary research or to diagnose disorders.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Take animals into treatment areas and assist with physical examinations by performing such duties as obtaining temperature, pulse, or respiration data.
- Provide veterinarians with the correct equipment or instruments, as needed.
- Provide assistance with animal euthanasia and the disposal of remains.
- Assist anesthesiologists in monitoring of patients, including electrocardiogram (EKG), direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure, arterial blood gas, hematocrit, or routine measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure or heart rate.
- Assist anesthesiologists in performing anesthetic procedures, such as epidural or spinal injections.
- Assist in the application of monitoring techniques, such as pulmonary artery catheterization, electroencephalographic spectral analysis, echocardiography, or evoked potentials.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Conduct electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, stress testing, or other cardiovascular tests to record patients' cardiac activity, using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices, or laboratory instruments.
- Conduct tests of pulmonary system, using spirometer or other respiratory testing equipment.
- Conduct stress tests, using electrocardiograph (EKG) machines.
- Measure oxygen consumption or lung functioning, using spirometers.
- Provide assistance to physicians or other technologists in the performance of more complex procedures.
- Provide assistance in radiopharmaceutical administration, monitoring patients' vital signs and notifying the radiologist of any relevant changes.
See all 16 related occupations >>