Related occupations for task:
Raise, lower, or position equipment, tools, and materials, using hoist, hand line, or block and tackle.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Align machines, cutterheads, or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Assemble and position equipment, explosives, and blasting caps in holes at specified depths, or load perforating guns or torpedoes with explosives.
- Lower perforating guns into wells, using hoists; then use measuring devices and instrument panels to position guns in correct positions for taking samples.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- Transport or set explosives for tunnel, shaft, or road construction.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Cut pipe and lift up to fitters.
- Requisition tools and equipment, select type and size of pipe, and collect and transport materials and equipment to work site.
||Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas
- Assemble and position machines, augers, casing pipes, and other equipment, using hand and power tools.
- Place and install screens, casings, pumps, and other well fixtures to develop wells.
See all 19 related occupations >>