Related occupations for task:
Dump, spread, and tamp asphalt, using pneumatic tampers, to repair joints and patch broken pavement.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation, and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Spread, level, or smooth concrete or terrazzo mixtures to form bases or finished surfaces, using rakes, shovels, hand or power trowels, hand or power screeds, or floats.
- Precast terrazzo blocks in wooden forms.
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Prepare base for installation by removing unstable or unsuitable materials, compacting and grading the soil, draining or stabilizing weak or saturated soils and taking measures to prevent water penetration and migration of bedding sand.
- Sweep sand into the joints and compact pavement until the joints are full.
- Screed sand level to an even thickness, and recheck sand exposed to elements, raking and rescreeding if necessary.
- Compact bedding sand and pavers to finish the paved area, using a plate compactor.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Mix, apply, and spread plaster, concrete, mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives to form a bed for the tiles, using brush, trowel and screed.
- Level concrete and allow to dry.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Mix, pour, or spread concrete, using portable cement mixers.
See more related occupations >>