Related occupations for task:
Prepare patients for examinations, tests, or treatments and explain procedures.
||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Explain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures to patients, patient representatives, or family members.
- Attach physiological monitoring leads to patient's finger, chest, waist, or other body parts.
- Place and secure small, portable magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners on body part to be imaged, such as arm, leg, or head.
- Explain testing procedures to patients, answering questions or reassuring patients as needed.
- Attach electrodes to patients using adhesives.
- Measure patients' body parts and mark locations where electrodes are to be placed.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Explain testing procedures to patients to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety.
- Attach electrodes to the patients' chests, arms, and legs, connect electrodes to leads from the electrocardiogram (EKG) machine, and operate the EKG machine to obtain a reading.
- Interpret laboratory results and communicate findings to patients or physicians.
- Explain diagnostic procedures such as chorionic villus sampling (CVS), ultrasound, fetal blood sampling, and amniocentesis.
- Remove patient hair or disinfect incision sites to prepare patient for surgery.
See more related occupations >>