Related occupations for task:
Apply compresses, ice bags, or hot water bottles.
- Administer manual exercises, massage, or traction to help relieve pain, increase patient strength, or decrease or prevent deformity or crippling.
- Administer treatment involving application of physical agents, using equipment, moist packs, ultraviolet or infrared lamps, or ultrasound machines.
- Perform a series of manual adjustments to the spine or other articulations of the body to correct the musculoskeletal system.
- Apply heat or cold therapy to patients using materials such as heat pads, hydrocollator packs, warm compresses, cold compresses, heat lamps, or vapor coolants.
- Care for athletic injuries, using physical therapy equipment, techniques, or medication.
- Perform mobilizations and high-velocity adjustments to joints or soft tissues, using principles of massage, stretching, or resistance.