Related occupations for task:
Investigate claims of inability to pay taxes by researching court information for the status of liens, mortgages, or financial statements, or by locating assets through third parties.
||Accountants and Auditors
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Audit payroll and personnel records to determine unemployment insurance premiums, workers' compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, or expenditures.
||Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
- Identify the ownership of each piece of taxable property.
- Examine income records and operating costs of income properties.
- Search public records for transactions such as sales, leases, and assessments.
- Obtain county land values and sales information about nearby properties to aid in establishment of property values.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review accounts to determine write-offs for collection agencies.
||Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Conduct detailed bill reviews to implement sound litigation management and expense control.
- Obtain credit information from banks and other credit services.
- Verify and inspect cash reserves, assigned collateral, and bank-owned securities to check internal control procedures.
See all 15 related occupations >>