Related Occupations for Task
19-3092.00 - Geographers
Related occupations for task:
Gather and compile geographic data from sources such as censuses, field observations, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
||Geological Technicians, Except Hydrologic Technicians
- Assemble, maintain, or distribute information for library or record systems.
- Collect geological data from potential geothermal energy plant sites.
||Remote Sensing Technicians
- Collect geospatial data, using technologies such as aerial photography, light and radio wave detection systems, digital satellites, or thermal energy systems.
- Collect verification data on the ground, using equipment such as global positioning receivers, digital cameras, or notebook computers.
||Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Compile and evaluate hydrologic information to prepare navigational charts and maps and to predict atmospheric conditions.
- Gather information from geographic information systems (GIS) databases or applications to formulate land use recommendations.
See all 8 related occupations >>