Related occupations for task:
Remove excess metal or porcelain and polish surfaces of prostheses or frameworks, using polishing machines.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Clean and polish engraved areas.
- Prepare workpieces for etching or engraving by cutting, sanding, cleaning, polishing, or treating them with wax, acid resist, lime, etching powder, or light-sensitive enamel.
- Cut outlines of impressions with gravers, and remove excess material with knives.
- Remove wax or tape from etched glassware by using a stylus or knife, or by immersing ware in hot water.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Polish articles by hand or by using a polishing wheel.
- Trim gates and sharp points from cast parts, using band saws.
- Sand interior mold parts to remove glaze residue, apply new glaze to molds, and allow it to dry for mold assembly.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Trim, scrape, or deburr objects or parts, using chisels, scrapers, and other hand tools and equipment.
- Spread emery powder or other polishing compounds on stone, or wet stone surfaces with hoses, and guide buffing wheels over stone to polish surfaces.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Trim or remove excess material, using scrapers, knives, or band saws.
- Remove excess materials and level and smooth wet mold mixtures.
||Painters, Transportation Equipment
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from vehicle surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters.
- Buff and wax the finished paintwork.
See more related occupations >>