Related occupations for task:
Observe approaching vessels to determine size and speed, and listen for whistle signals indicating desire to pass.
||Air Traffic Controllers
- Monitor or direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space or on the ground at airports to minimize delays and maximize safety.
- Monitor aircraft within a specific airspace, using radar, computer equipment, or visual references.
- Check conditions and traffic at different altitudes in response to pilots' requests for altitude changes.
||Rail Yard Engineers, Dinkey Operators, and Hostlers
- Observe and respond to wayside and cab signals, including color light signals, position signals, torpedoes, flags, and hot box detectors.
- Spot cars for loading and unloading at customer locations.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Observe positions of cars passing loading spouts, and swing spouts into the correct positions at the appropriate times.
- Observe train signals along routes and verify their meanings for engineers.
||Subway and Streetcar Operators
- Monitor lights indicating obstructions or other trains ahead and watch for car and truck traffic at crossings to stay alert to potential hazards.
See all 7 related occupations >>