Related occupations for task:
Stop automobile and pedestrian traffic on bridges, and lower automobile gates prior to moving bridges.
- Direct or escort pedestrians across streets, stopping traffic as necessary.
- Guide or control vehicular or pedestrian traffic at such places as street and railroad crossings and construction sites.
- Direct traffic movement or warn of hazards, using signs, flags, lanterns, and hand signals.
||Air Traffic Controllers
- Monitor or direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space or on the ground at airports to minimize delays and maximize safety.
- Direct pilots to runways when space is available or direct them to maintain a traffic pattern until there is space for them to land.
- Direct ground traffic, including taxiing aircraft, maintenance or baggage vehicles, or airport workers.
||Highway Maintenance Workers
- Set out signs and cones around work areas to divert traffic.
- Flag motorists to warn them of obstacles or repair work ahead.
||Rail Yard Engineers, Dinkey Operators, and Hostlers
- Operate track switches, derails, automatic switches, and retarders to change routing of train or cars.
||Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators
- Pull or push track switches to reroute cars.
See all 11 related occupations >>