Related occupations for task:
Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Determine whether statistical methods are appropriate, based on user needs or research questions of interest.
- Prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
- Adapt statistical methods to solve specific problems in many fields, such as economics, biology, and engineering.
- Evaluate the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Evaluate sources of information to determine any limitations, in terms of reliability or usability.
- Plan data collection methods for specific projects and determine the types and sizes of sample groups to be used.
- Apply sampling techniques or use complete enumeration bases to determine and define groups to be surveyed.
- Calculate sample size requirements for clinical studies.
- Review clinical or other medical research protocols and recommend appropriate statistical analyses.
- Apply research or simulation results to extend biological theory or recommend new research projects.
- Develop or use mathematical models to track changes in biological phenomena, such as the spread of infectious diseases.
||Clinical Data Managers
- Design and validate clinical databases, including designing or testing logic checks.
- Process clinical data, including receipt, entry, verification, or filing of information.
- Perform quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, or proper usage of clinical systems and data.
- Develop computational methods for solving problems that occur in areas of science and engineering or that come from applications in business or industry.
- Apply mathematical theories and techniques to the solution of practical problems in business, engineering, the sciences, or other fields.
||Quality Control Analysts
- Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses.
- Perform validations or transfers of analytical methods in accordance with applicable policies or guidelines.
See all 11 related occupations >>