Related occupations for task:
Break systems into their components, assign numerical values to each component, and examine the mathematical relationships between them.
- Draw conclusions or make predictions, based on data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Develop or implement data analysis algorithms.
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to data monitoring committees, federal regulatory agencies, managers, or clients.
- Apply research or simulation results to extend biological theory or recommend new research projects.
- Develop or use mathematical models to track changes in biological phenomena, such as the spread of infectious diseases.
- Apply mathematical theories and techniques to the solution of practical problems in business, engineering, the sciences, or other fields.
- Assemble sets of assumptions and explore the consequences of each set.
- Address the relationships of quantities, magnitudes, and forms through the use of numbers and symbols.
- Perform computations and apply methods of numerical analysis to data.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Adapt statistical methods to solve specific problems in many fields, such as economics, biology, and engineering.
||Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists
- Perform integrated or computerized Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analyses to address scientific problems.
- Create, edit, or analyze geospatial data, using Global Positioning Systems (GPS) or digitizing techniques.
- Create, analyze, report, convert, or transfer data, using specialized applications program software.
||Geographic Information Systems Technicians
- Analyze Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to identify spatial relationships or display results of analyses, using maps, graphs, or tabular data.
- Interpret aerial or ortho photographs.
See all 17 related occupations >>