Related occupations for task:
Operate and maintain on-air and production audio equipment.
- Report equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Play and record broadcast programs, using automation systems.
- Set up, operate, and maintain broadcast station computers and networks.
- Select sources from which programming will be received or through which programming will be transmitted.
- Install broadcast equipment, troubleshoot equipment problems, and perform maintenance or minor repairs, using hand tools.
- Substitute programs in cases where signals fail.
- Align antennae with receiving dishes to obtain the clearest signal for transmission of broadcasts from field locations.
- Make commercial dubs.
- Set up and operate portable field transmission equipment outside the studio.
||Audio and Video Technicians
- Diagnose and resolve media system problems.
- Install, adjust, and operate electronic equipment to record, edit, and transmit radio and television programs, motion pictures, video conferencing, or multimedia presentations.
- Perform minor repairs and routine cleaning of audio and video equipment.
- Design layouts of audio and video equipment and perform upgrades and maintenance.
||Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Film
- Set up and perform live shots for broadcast.
- Test, clean, maintain, and repair broadcast equipment, including testing microphones, to ensure proper working condition.
- Set up and operate electric news gathering (ENG) microwave vehicles to gather and edit raw footage on location to send to television affiliates for broadcast.
||Media Technical Directors/Managers
- Operate equipment to produce programs or broadcast live programs from remote locations.
||Film and Video Editors
- Set up and operate computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product.
See all 8 related occupations >>