- Portray and interpret roles, using speech, gestures, and body movements, to entertain, inform, or instruct radio, film, television, or live audiences.
- Perform humorous and serious interpretations of emotions, actions, and situations, using body movements, facial expressions, and gestures.
- Sing or dance during dramatic or comedic performances.
- Tell jokes, perform comic dances, songs and skits, impersonate mannerisms and voices of others, contort face, and use other devices to amuse audiences.
- Read from scripts or books to narrate action or to inform or entertain audiences, utilizing few or no stage props.
- Prepare and perform action stunts for motion picture, television, or stage productions.
- Dress in comical clown costumes and makeup, and perform comedy routines to entertain audiences.
- Perform original and stock tricks of illusion to entertain and mystify audiences, occasionally including audience members as participants.
- Manipulate strings, wires, rods, or fingers to animate puppets or dummies in synchronization with talking, singing, or recorded programs.