Related Occupations for Task
29-1063.00 - Internists, General
Related occupations for task:
Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
||Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans, diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Make recommendations regarding public policy, such as nutrition labeling, food fortification, or nutrition standards for school programs.
- Advise food service managers and organizations on sanitation, safety procedures, menu development, budgeting, and planning to assist with establishment, operation, and evaluation of food service facilities and nutrition programs.
- Counsel women regarding the nutritional requirements of pregnancy.
- Recommend the use of vitamin and mineral supplements to enhance the health of patients and children.
- Provide, or refer patients to other providers for, education or counseling on topics such as genetic testing, newborn care, contraception, or breastfeeding.
- Recommend changes in patients' work or living environments, consistent with their needs and capabilities.
- Advise on health risks in the workplace or on health-related transition to retirement.
||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Recommend corrective measures to be applied based on results of environmental contaminant analyses.
- Provide consultation to organizations or agencies on the workplace application of safety principles, practices, or techniques.
||Sports Medicine Physicians
- Provide education and counseling on illness and injury prevention.
See more related occupations >>