Related Occupations for Task
37-2021.00 - Pest Control Workers
Related occupations for task:
Spray or dust chemical solutions, powders, or gases into rooms, onto clothing, furnishings, or wood, or over marshlands, ditches, or catch basins.
||Tree Trimmers and Pruners
- Prune, cut down, fertilize, and spray trees as directed by tree surgeons.
- Scrape decayed matter from cavities in trees and fill holes with cement to promote healing and to prevent further deterioration.
- Spray trees to treat diseased or unhealthy trees, including mixing chemicals and calibrating spray equipment.
- Apply tar or other protective substances to cut surfaces or seal surfaces and to protect them from fungi and insects.
||Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, and Applicators, Vegetation
- Lift, push, and swing nozzles, hoses, and tubes to direct spray over designated areas.
- Cover areas to specified depths with pesticides, applying knowledge of weather conditions, droplet sizes, elevation-to-distance ratios, and obstructions.
||Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.