Related occupations for task:
Start and examine operation of slush pumps to ensure circulation and consistency of drilling fluid or mud in well.
||Service Unit Operators, Oil, Gas, and Mining
- Maintain and perform safety inspections on equipment and tools.
- Operate pumps that circulate water, oil, or other fluids through wells to remove sand or other materials obstructing the free flow of oil.
- Examine unserviceable wells to determine actions to be taken to improve well conditions.
- Insert detection instruments into wells with obstructions.
||Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Inspect derricks, or order their inspection, prior to being raised or lowered.
- Inspect derricks for flaws, and clean and oil derricks to maintain proper working conditions.
- Start pumps that circulate mud through drill pipes and boreholes to cool drill bits and flush out drill cuttings.
||Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas
- Pour water into wells, or pump water or slush into wells to cool drill bits and to remove drillings.
- Perform pumping tests to assess well performance.
- Tend pumps, compressors, or generators to provide power for tools, machinery, or equipment or to heat or move materials, such as asphalt.
- Tend machines that pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster, or stucco through spray guns for application to ceilings or walls.
||Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Operate motorized pumps to remove water from flooded manholes, basements, or facility floors.
See all 10 related occupations >>