||Hoist and Winch Operators
- Move levers, pedals, and throttles to stop, start, and regulate speeds of hoist or winch drums in response to hand, bell, buzzer, telephone, loud-speaker, or whistle signals, or by observing dial indicators or cable marks.
- Start engines of hoists or winches and use levers and pedals to wind or unwind cable on drums.
- Operate compressed air, diesel, electric, gasoline, or steam-driven hoists or winches to control movement of cableways, cages, derricks, draglines, loaders, railcars, or skips.
- Apply hand or foot brakes and move levers to lock hoists or winches.
- Tend auxiliary equipment, such as jacks, slings, cables, or stop blocks, to facilitate moving items or materials for further processing.
||Roustabouts, Oil and Gas
- Guide cranes to move loads about decks.
- Dig drainage ditches around wells and storage tanks.
- Dig holes, set forms, and mix and pour concrete into forms to make foundations for wood or steel derricks.
||Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Adjust controls to guide, position, or move equipment, such as cranes, booms, or cameras.
- Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
||Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Push levers and brake pedals to control gasoline, diesel, electric, or steam draw works that lower and raise drill pipes and casings in and out of wells.
- Locate and recover lost or broken bits, casings, and drill pipes from wells, using special tools.
- Dig holes, set forms, and mix and pour concrete, for foundations of steel or wooden derricks.
- Remove sections of monument from truck bed, and guide stone onto foundation, using skids, hoist, or truck crane.
- Dig trench for foundation of monument, using pick and shovel.