Related occupations for task:
Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
||Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
- Use knives, cleavers, meat saws, bandsaws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming.
- Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
- Process primal parts into cuts that are ready for retail use.
- Prepare ready-to-heat foods by filleting meat or fish or cutting it into bite-sized pieces, preparing and adding vegetables or applying sauces or breading.
- Clean, trim, slice, and section carcasses for future processing.
||Slaughterers and Meat Packers
- Remove bones, and cut meat into standard cuts in preparation for marketing.
- Tend assembly lines, performing a few of the many cuts needed to process a carcass.
- Slit open, eviscerate, and trim carcasses of slaughtered animals.
- Cut, trim, skin, sort, and wash viscera of slaughtered animals to separate edible portions from offal.
- Trim head meat, and sever or remove parts of animals' heads or skulls.