Related occupations for task:
Repair concrete by cutting out damaged areas, drilling holes for reinforcing rods, and positioning reinforcing rods, using power saw and drill.
||Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Remove pieces of stone from larger masses, using jackhammers, wedges, and other tools.
- Insert wedges and feathers into holes, and drive wedges with sledgehammers to split stone sections from masses.
- Drill holes along outlines, using jackhammers.
||Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
- Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, or hand tools.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed.
- Ride on girders or other structural steel members to position them or use rope to guide them into position.
- Drill holes in timbers or lumber.
- Position and hold timbers, lumber, or paneling in place for fastening or cutting.
- Set metal or wooden posts in upright positions in postholes.
- Align posts, using lines or by sighting, and verify vertical alignment of posts, using plumb bobs or spirit levels.
See more related occupations >>