- Spray materials, such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco, through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Clean installation surfaces, equipment, tools, work sites, or storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lances, or polishing machines.
- Remove damaged tile, brick, or mortar, and clean or prepare surfaces, using pliers, hammers, chisels, drills, wire brushes, or metal wire anchors.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water or abrasive blasting.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
- Apply muriatic acid to clean surface, and rinse with water.
- Sweep and clean roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials.