- Conduct stability analyses of ships.
- Evaluate performance of craft during dock and sea trials to determine design changes and conformance with national and international standards.
- Evaluate transportation systems or traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine need for modification or expansion.
- Evaluate traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine need for modification or expansion.
- Evaluate chemical equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
||Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
- Determine whether selected electromechanical components comply with environmental standards and regulations.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.
||Electrical Engineering Technologists
- Construct and evaluate electrical components for consumer electronics applications such as fuel cells for consumer electronic devices, power saving devices for computers or televisions, or energy efficient power chargers.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- Evaluate the efficiency and reliability of industrial robotic systems, reprogramming or calibrating to achieve maximum quantity and quality.
- Evaluate robotic systems or prototypes.
- Design or analyze automobile systems in areas such as aerodynamics, alternate fuels, ergonomics, hybrid power, brakes, transmissions, steering, calibration, safety, or diagnostics.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, or maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems or processes to meet requirements.
||Manufacturing Engineering Technologists
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment, materials, or components.
- Evaluate the operation and maintenance of water or wastewater systems to identify ways to improve their efficiency.