- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Clean and help maintain equipment or work areas and sterilize glassware, according to prescribed methods.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Clean and restock operating room, gathering and placing equipment and supplies and arranging instruments according to instructions, such as a preference card.
- Maintain supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, or glucose, for use during operations.
||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Calibrate magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) console or peripheral hardware.
- Conduct inventories to maintain stock of clinical supplies.
- Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards.
- Maintain or repair endoscopic equipment.
||Occupational Therapy Aides
- Prepare and maintain work area, materials, and equipment and maintain inventory of treatment and educational supplies.
- Adjust and repair assistive devices and make adaptive changes to other equipment and to environments.
- Verify availability of operating room supplies, medications, and gases.
- Pretest and calibrate anesthesia delivery systems and monitors.
- Calibrate and test anesthesia equipment.
- Request anesthesia equipment repairs, adjustments, or safety tests.
- Calibrate exercise or testing equipment.
- Supervise maintenance of exercise or exercise testing equipment.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Maintain instruments, equipment, or machinery to ensure proper working condition.
- Monitor medical supplies and place orders when inventory is low.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Maintain stock and supplies, preparing supplies for special examinations and ordering supplies when necessary.
- Inspect, clean, test, and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary.
||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Verify availability or monitor use of safety equipment, such as hearing protection or respirators.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
||Medical Equipment Preparers
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, or repair equipment and correct malfunctions, as needed.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
||Occupational Health and Safety Specialists
- Maintain inventories of hazardous materials or hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
- Perform team support duties, such as running errands, maintaining equipment, or stocking supplies.