Related Task Search
7 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Municipal Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors.
- Supervise and participate in the inspection of properties to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable fire codes, ordinances, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Inspect buildings to locate hazardous conditions and fire code violations, such as accumulations of combustible material, electrical wiring problems, and inadequate or non-functional fire exits.
- Conduct fire code compliance follow-ups to ensure that corrective actions have been taken in cases where violations were found.
- Inspect liquefied petroleum installations, storage containers, and transportation and delivery systems for compliance with fire laws.
- Supervise staff, training them, planning their work, and evaluating their performance.
- Develop and coordinate fire prevention programs, such as false alarm billing, fire inspection reporting, and hazardous materials management.
||Forest Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors
- Serve as a working leader of an engine, hand, helicopter, or prescribed fire crew of three or more firefighters.
- Direct and supervise prescribed burn projects and prepare postburn reports, analyzing burn conditions and results.
- Monitor fire suppression expenditures to ensure that they are necessary and reasonable.
- Investigate special fire issues, such as railroad fire problems, right-of-way burning, or slash disposal problems.
- Lead work crews in the maintenance of structures or access roads in forest areas.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Direct crews working on firelines during forest fires.
- Direct maintenance and repair of firefighting equipment, or requisition new equipment.
- Administer regulations regarding sanitation, fire prevention, violation corrections, and related forest regulations.
- Inspect forest tracts and logging areas for fire hazards such as accumulated wastes or mishandling of combustibles, and recommend appropriate fire prevention measures.
- Participate in fire prevention and inspection programs.
- Serve as fully trained lead helicopter crewmember and as helispot manager.
||Transit and Railroad Police
- Plan or implement special safety or preventive programs, such as fire or accident prevention.
||Correctional Officers and Jailers
- Conduct fire, safety, and sanitation inspections.
- Inspect buildings for fire hazards and compliance with fire prevention ordinances, testing and checking smoke alarms and fire suppression equipment as necessary.