Related Task Search
8 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas.
- Place and install screens, casings, pumps, and other well fixtures to develop wells.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Align machines, cutterheads, or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Assemble and position equipment, explosives, and blasting caps in holes at specified depths, or load perforating guns or torpedoes with explosives.
- Lower perforating guns into wells, using hoists; then use measuring devices and instrument panels to position guns in correct positions for taking samples.
||Roof Bolters, Mining
- Position bolting machines, and insert drill bits into chucks.
||Continuous Mining Machine Operators
- Reposition machines to make additional holes or cuts.
||Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
- Reposition machines and move controls to make additional holes or cuts.
||Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Position and prepare truck-mounted derricks at drilling areas specified on field maps.
||Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Position and align derrick elements, using harnesses and platform climbing devices.
- Raise, lower, or position equipment, tools, and materials, using hoist, hand line, or block and tackle.