||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Start machine by engaging controls.
- Tend or operate machine that packages product.
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
- Stack finished packaged items, or wrap protective material around each item, and pack the items in cartons or containers.
- Package the product in the form in which it will be sent out, for example, filling bags with flour from a chute or spout.
- Secure finished packaged items by hand tying, sewing, gluing, stapling, or attaching fastener.
- Pack and store materials and products.
- Tie products in bundles for further processing or shipment, following prescribed procedures.
||Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Hang, fold, package, and tag finished articles for delivery to customers.
- Remove finished pieces from pressing machines and hang or stack them for cooling, or forward them for additional processing.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Stack and sort cut material for packaging, further processing, or shipping, according to types and sizes of material.
- Remove completed materials or products from cutting or slicing machines, and stack or store them for additional processing.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove finished cores, and stack or place them on conveyors for transfer to other work areas.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Unload finished products from conveyor belts, pack them in containers, and place containers in warehouses.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove and stack completed materials or products, and restock materials to be joined.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Load or stack filled molds in ovens, dryers, or curing boxes, or on storage racks or carts.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Reel extruded products into rolls of specified lengths and weights.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Pack bottles into cartons or crates, using machines.
- Inspect and pack the final product.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove materials or products from molds or from extruding, forming, pressing, or compacting machines, and stack or store them for additional processing.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Inspect and mark completed workpieces and stack them on pallets, in boxes, or on conveyors so that they can be moved to the next workstation.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Stack or load finished items, or place items on conveyor systems.
- Package finished products and prepare them for shipment.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment and transport them to storage areas, using hoists or handtrucks.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Stack cut items and load them on racks or conveyors or onto trucks.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Remove finished workpieces from machines and place them in boxes or on racks, setting aside pieces that are defective.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Count, sort, or stack finished workpieces.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Stack or arrange tested products for further processing, shipping, or packaging.