- Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures, such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
- Prepare passengers and aircraft for landing, following procedures.
- Announce flight delays and descent preparations.
- Greet passengers boarding aircraft and direct them to assigned seats.
- Answer passengers' questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, or schedules.
||Transportation Attendants, Except Flight Attendants
- Respond to passengers' questions, requests, or complaints.
- Provide customers with information on routes, gates, prices, timetables, terminals, or concourses.
- Greet passengers boarding transportation equipment and announce routes and stops.
||Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity
- Announce stops to passengers.
- Assist passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off bus, ensure they are seated properly, help carry baggage, and answer questions about bus schedules or routes.
- Advise passengers to be seated and orderly while on vehicles.
||Subway and Streetcar Operators
- Make announcements to passengers, such as notifications of upcoming stops or schedule delays.
- Greet passengers, provide information, and answer questions concerning fares, schedules, transfers, and routings.
- Inform regular customers of new products or services and price changes.
||Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
- Provide customers with information about local roads or highways.
- Interact with the public to answer traffic-related questions, respond to complaints or requests, or discuss traffic control ordinances, plans, policies, or procedures.
||Parking Lot Attendants
- Provide customer assistance and information, such as giving directions or handling wheelchairs.
||First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- Quote prices to customers.
||Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators
- Answer questions from passengers concerning train rules, stations, and timetable information.
||Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers
- Make announcements regarding flights, using public address systems.