Related Task Search
8 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Bridge and Lock Tenders.
- Direct movements of vessels in locks or bridge areas, using signals, telecommunication equipment, or loudspeakers.
- Direct or escort pedestrians across streets, stopping traffic as necessary.
- Guide or control vehicular or pedestrian traffic at such places as street and railroad crossings and construction sites.
- Direct traffic movement or warn of hazards, using signs, flags, lanterns, and hand signals.
||Air Traffic Controllers
- Monitor or direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space or on the ground at airports to minimize delays and maximize safety.
- Direct pilots to runways when space is available or direct them to maintain a traffic pattern until there is space for them to land.
- Direct ground traffic, including taxiing aircraft, maintenance or baggage vehicles, or airport workers.
||Highway Maintenance Workers
- Set out signs and cones around work areas to divert traffic.
- Flag motorists to warn them of obstacles or repair work ahead.
||Parking Lot Attendants
- Direct motorists to parking areas or parking spaces, using hand signals or flashlights as necessary.
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Perform traffic control duties such as setting up barricades and temporary signs, placing bags on parking meters to limit their use, or directing traffic.
||Police Patrol Officers
- Direct traffic flow and reroute traffic in case of emergencies.
||Paving, Surfacing, and Tamping Equipment Operators
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.