17 matches for graphic designer
|Alternate Occupation Titles||9 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Graphic Engineer
- Interface Designer
- Internet Site Designer
- Operating System Designer
- Software Design Engineer
- Software Designer
- Software Applications Designer
- Systems Software Designer
- User Interface Designer
- Research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Update software or enhance existing software capabilities. May work with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, and develop specifications and performance requirements. May maintain databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Supervise and assign work to programmers, designers, technologists, technicians, or other engineering or scientific personnel.
Detailed Work Activities
- Design software applications.
- Collaborate with others to determine design specifications or details.
Learn more on the