36 matches for animal science
|Alternate Occupation Titles||17 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Animal Anatomist
- Animal Chiropractor
- Animal Doctor
- Animal Pathologist
- Animal Physiologist
- Animal Surgeon
- Companion Animal Practitioner
- Lab Animal Care Vet
- Laboratory Animal Care Veterinarian
- Large Animal Vet
- Large Animal Veterinarian
- Mixed Animal Vet
- Mixed Animal Veterinarian
- Small Animal Vet
- Small Animal Veterinarian
- Vet Medicine Scientist
- Veterinary Medicine Scientist
- Diagnose, treat, or research diseases and injuries of animals. Includes veterinarians who conduct research and development, inspect livestock, or care for pets and companion animals.
- Advise animal owners regarding sanitary measures, feeding, general care, medical conditions, or treatment options.
- Conduct postmortem studies and analyses to determine the causes of animals' deaths.
- Determine the effects of drug therapies, antibiotics, or new surgical techniques by testing them on animals.
- Direct the overall operations of animal hospitals, clinics, or mobile services to farms.
- Educate the public about diseases that can be spread from animals to humans.
- Establish or conduct quarantine or testing procedures that prevent the spread of diseases to other animals or to humans and that comply with applicable government regulations.
- Euthanize animals.
- Examine animals to detect and determine the nature of diseases or injuries.
- Inoculate animals against various diseases, such as rabies or distemper.
- Inspect animal housing facilities to determine their cleanliness and adequacy.
- Inspect and test horses, sheep, poultry, or other animals to detect the presence of communicable diseases.
- Plan or execute animal nutrition or reproduction programs.
- Provide care to a wide range of animals or specialize in a particular species, such as horses or exotic birds.
- Research diseases to which animals could be susceptible.
- Train or supervise workers who handle or care for animals.
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, or performing surgery.
Detailed Work Activities
- Provide care for animals.
- Treat animal injuries or illnesses.
Learn more on the