23 matches for medical biller
|Alternate Occupation Titles||4 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||15 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse
- Medical/Surgery Registered Nurse (Med/Surg RN)
- Emergency Room Registered Nurse (ER RN)
- Flight Nurse, Medical Base Supervisor
- Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Prescribe or recommend drugs, medical devices, or other forms of treatment, such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
Detailed Work Activities
- Administer non-intravenous medications.
- Advise medical personnel regarding healthcare issues.
- Conduct research to increase knowledge about medical issues.
- Diagnose medical conditions.
- Inform medical professionals regarding patient conditions and care.
- Maintain medical facility records.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies or equipment.
- Order medical diagnostic or clinical tests.
- Prepare medical supplies or equipment for use.
- Prepare patients physically for medical procedures.
- Prescribe medications.
- Prescribe assistive medical devices or related treatments.
- Record patient medical histories.
- Train caregivers or other non-medical personnel.
- Treat medical emergencies.
Learn more on the